Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day #758 - No Cup Holder

This morning son Brian came over to work on and drive the ’38 Chevy. It was his first time driving it beyond the street in front of our house. He and Doc drove the old car to Starbucks and I followed in the chase vehicle. Brian actually stepped on a penny (Coin #1) as he was ordering their drinks. Coffee for them, penny for me. Imagine - the old cars did not have cups holders! Where are you supposed to put your bottled water, designer coffee, or fast-food sodas?!

After Brian left, Doc spent the afternoon with football on the TV. I sketched some trim ideas for the Grand Room of the new house, tried to set some appointments for the upcoming week, and spent a few hours on tax preparations.

***************

This evening Doc insisted that we go grocery shopping. (I dread the chore). As we walked in, I spotted a dime at a closed check out lane while Doc simultaneously found a mutilated dime at the coin counting kiosk. (Coins #2&3).

Then I found a quarter and four pennies in another closed check out lane. (Coins #4-8).


Total: 8 Coins P (5), N (0), D (2), Q (1) = $0.50

No comments: