Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, July 27, 2012

Day #1,316 - Contract Signed


Today we signed the contract to put the Pomona house up for sale.  After 30 years in our “starter” house, it’s now time to begin life in our retirement house.

On the way to the Pomona house Doc stopped at Starbucks for a coffee, while I walked around the parking lot and found a penny.  (Coin #1)

This morning I met with the gardener at the Pomona house to see what could be done to spruce up the yard.  Today is his regular “mow, blow and go” service, but he will return Monday to work on additional items.

I did some cleaning, then went on a whirlwind trip to donate (get rid of) some things.  First there was the Goodwill stuff for household items, then the Children’s Thrift store with school items, then Habitat for Humanity to give some tools and construction items, then the animal shelter to drop off blankets and linens for the doggies there.

At the animal shelter there was a water feature with a note to toss a coin and make a wish.  I tossed a nickel.  As I backed the van out of my parking spot, I looked out my window.  There was a nickel next to the van!  I parked and collected the nickel.  (Coin #2)

Thought:  “Give and it shall be Given Unto You”.

Final Touches
At 1 p.m. Realtor Adrie arrived to sign the dozens of papers needed to put the house on the market.  I had my camera out and ready to take pictures.  Got so busy reading all the fine print, that I forget to get the photo.  Rats!


When Adrie left, I did some final staging of the house (arranging the furniture, placing flowers, activating air freshener, hanging clean towels, and restocking the toilet paper).

Doc and I were looking forward to seeing the Olympic Opening Ceremonies on his new big screen TV.  So we stopped at a grocery store for some frozen dinners.  One penny found there.  (Coin #3)

Thought:  It was fun watching the London ceremony as the whole world was Celebrating with us in FINALLY putting our starter house for sale!


Total:   3  Coins        P (2), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.07

1 comment:

Chaz said...

What a beautiful waterfall! Sounds wonderful too. Congratulations on the official transition from your "starter house" to your "retirement house." You are most deserving of your Dream Ho