Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, November 2, 2009

Day #318 - Typical Day

This morning Doc stopped at the new Starbucks on the way to school . He ordered his drink and then I hopped out to walk a few steps. There was a penny in the planter. Doc got his coffee while I got a nickel. Doc pointed to another penny which I hadn’t seen, then I spied a dime under the rear tire of the van. (Coins #1-4).

When running to my first class, there was a penny at the vending machines. Then, when leaving work there was a penny again at the vending machines. (Coins #5&6)

On the way home from work Doc stopped to fuel the van. I went into the convenience store. I searched the whole store and didn’t find any coins. There was one customer at the register and taking a long time there. I was trying to see past her underneath the counter, but she kept blocking my view. I was about to give up waiting. (It is a bit awkward to loiter in the store). She finally moved, a penny was revealed, and I claimed it. I had to explain myself to the cashier (since I was picking up the penny almost at his feet), but it was fun to give him a card and SHARE the story with him.

Lesson: Rewards for those who are patient.

When Doc finished pumping the fuel he looked at the pay phone area. There were two pennies on the shelf of the phone. God’s 2¢ worth for Doc today.

Today’s Total: 9 coins P (7), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.22

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still finding pennies. More dimes than any other silver coins. It's funny... I've been cruising food courts for coins. Best places to find anything. Sunday I was leaving Costco and thought how odd it is for people to leave coins on picnic tables... 2 seconds later, found a penny on a table and one on the ground. Yeah, definitely a sign of laughing Penny Angels. :) HL