Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day #326 - Beat the Boyz

This morning Doc drove through the Starbucks by school telling me that I needed to go there - for today’s Penny Finding. (Of course he just happened to get his coffee while I searched for coins). One Penny (Coin #1).

I had been in my office maybe 10 minutes when a co-worker said, “So have you found anything at the vending machines yet today?” I told him to back off - I had work to do. But he had challenged me and activated the Penny Fever. I ran down to the machines. I noticed him following me. His comment, “Just wanted to see you in action.” I did not find any coins and was leaving. He said, “How did you miss this one?” as he bent to retrieve a dime. (HIS find for today). I searched a little more and did not see anything else. He said “We need a broom stick or something. I think there is another coin under there.” I did a one-knee retrieval and came out with a quarter! (Coin #2) I like to beat the boyz at this game. (Same challenge as when I took my Engineering Courses).

***************

This afternoon I walked down to the mailbox to send out a letter. I asked the Penny Angels if they had anything in store for today …

There were two students at one of the outdoor tables. I surprised them when I said, “Excuse me, but I need to reach across and retrieve that coin from underneath your table. You see, I write Daily Penny Tales and the Angels are delivering my story.” They smiled. I gave them a business card. Amanda asked me more about Penny Finding. I told her. It turns out she is a writer for the school paper! The other gal, Katie also asked questions. The two of them are part of Bible Talks, a campus ministry. They also are part of a non-denominational worship service and invited me to visit there. More “coincidences?”. (Sure). (Coin #3) Shared Smiles, Shared JOY.

***************

I told Doc I had 51¢ so far today and he had zero! So on the way home Doc stopped for petrol even though we had nearly a half tank of fuel. (He really just wanted to find HIS coin for today). He found two pennies at the gas pump area. (Coins #4&5). I beat him by a wide margin today. ;-) (Let’s not remind him of the $20 bill he found last week).

Today’s Total: 5 coins P (3), Q (2) = $0.53

No comments: