Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day #324 - First Find

Is there ever such a thing as a boring day? Not that I’ve ever experienced. Every day is a new adventure.

This morning we had breakfast with son Stephen to celebrate his birthday. Can he really be THAT old? J Of course, on the way to breakfast Doc needed to stop and get a gift - what else? A Starbucks gift certificate. I was dismayed that Doc parked the car and went inside to get the card. How would I find a coin? So I hopped out of the van and began walking and talking … “Penny Angels, Penny Angels what do you say?” and I found a dime before I could utter the rest of the SingSong.

There were no cars at the Starbucks drive through, so I quickly searched there. One penny and another dime! (3 coins - 21¢ so far).

***************

We had a leisurely breakfast with our son, his wife, and our grandson, Ethan. After breakfast Laura and I went grocery shopping while the guys went to Starbucks for coffee. I found a dime at the entry to the grocery store (Coin #4). The guys went for a walk after their coffees and began training Ethan on Penny Finding. At two years old, he found his First Penny in the parking lot! (Coin #5). This is a sport for any age. No equipment or experience needed.

***************

We spent much of the afternoon and evening repairing a sprinkler valve. Doc hates plumbing work and I hated the interruption from all the things I had planned to do today.

What made it tolerable was the live Spanish music from a party on the next block and a cat which decided to come help us.

(Always a good sign when an Animal Angel is present).

Today’s Total: 5 coins P (2), D (3) = $0.32

No comments: