Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day #323 - Store or Delete

It’s 10 PM and I have a fire lit, soft music playing, and a glass of wine. Sounds like such a romantic setting … However, Doc is at the dining table grading midterms (he’s been working on them for a week) and I am in the living room sorting out piles and files from the Claremont house project. It is time to store or delete and make way for a new look. The Tudor Style Dream House with six car garage is no longer a viable plan.

Doc just reminded me to write Today’s Penny Tale. Wasn’t thinking about it. Too focused on thinking of the house project.

Today I had planned to walk for 1 hour (I had not done that in several months), run some errands, do chores around the house and catch up on homework. The walk was replaced with repair of a broken sprinkler line, the errands were run, the homework was superceded by numerous unexpected interruptions.

This afternoon I was on the floor in my office studying my text book with papers sprawled about me. I heard a light knock at the front door, but did not want to be interrupted, so I did not respond. A few moments later my mother was standing in front of me asking what to do about dog bites. She was playing with a stray dog and had three puncture wounds on her arm. I suggested the same remedy she would use on me when I was a child: “Put some apple cider vinegar on it, keep it clean, take your vitamins”.

While Doc was standing in line to recycle his aluminum cans and plastic bottles (a whopping $3.61), I walked the parking lot to find a Penny. (Coin #1) Minimum Daily Requirement (MDR). Then we made a half dozen other stops with no coins found. Our final stop was at the 99¢ Store which was super crowded, but we did get a dime there. (Coin #2) A BIG difference from yesterday’s bounty.

Today’s Total: 2 coins P (1), D (1) = $0.11

***************

Other people are getting better and better with their Finding skills. Note from Penny Pal Hui:

I ran in to Target to get a prescription filled... Spotted a penny in the checkout lane. Then another. Ran off to pharmacy. Spent 15 minutes waiting for them to find me in the system. Needed to get to dance class. Hello? Finally found me then they were nice and didn't make me wait. Stuck a sticker on box and rang me up. Yay! Found another penny then another 2 pennies. Whoo! …

On the way home from class (another sword lesson, yay!), found a penny at the toll booth. (Six coins today).

No comments: