Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day #320 - Accountable

The line at Starbucks was extremely long this morning and Doc was eager to use the restroom so he parked the car and walked in. While waiting for him I searched twice through the restaurant, the patio, the entrance, the parking stalls, the IHOP. Found nothing. Doc FINALLY emerged with his coffee - and one penny! He found it at the counter while ordering. (Coin #1).

We next went across the street to the bank. I chose this bank versus our usual one because this one is within a shopping center where I could do some penny searching. I walked the parking lot, the CVS pharmacy, the bank, etc. Again, no coins. Doc meanwhile found two pennies at the newsstands outside the donut shop. (Coins #2&3). Doc then went in the CVS after I searched there and immediately found a penny in the tile entryway. (Coin #4) He also found a Boomers token and a cute little metal butterfly for me.

Around 5:30 Doc called me at work “I’ve just gone through the Carl’s Jr. drive and found three quarters and two pennies!” (Coins #5-9).

Doc said, “Maybe today’s lesson is that sometimes you need to let Others Carry the Load for the Day”.

I’m not sure about that. I feel I need to have one Direct and Legitimate Find each day.

Other people can assist you to some extent, but ultimately YOU are accountable for your performance and results. If the Penny Angels have an assignment for YOU, then it’s not something to hand off. You must do your own Homework.

I stopped at the Chevron station to fuel. (It had been 5 weeks since I filled the tank, so I was running on fumes). I was determined to find a coin there and told the Angels my intentions in no uncertain terms. I looked throughout the gas pump area and the parking stalls in front of the convenience store. Nothing. Searched inside the store. Still nothing. Finally as I was leaving I spotted something under one of the magazine racks. One knee retrieval - a Dime! (Coin #10). Thank You Angels.

Today’s Total: 10 coins P (6), N (0), D (1), Q (3) = $0.91 + 1 boomers token + a butterfly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There was a something large and shiny *way* under the second coffee machine. I have too much dignity to crawl under that far. I’ll leave it for SWHLAD*. An hour after she got here, it was still there. Two hours. Oh, I give up. Crawl under. Quarter!

*She Who Has Lost All Dignity.