Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day #319 - As Per Request

At noon I attended a lecture by a recent engineering graduate. It was great to hear her story. After the lecture I could not resist passing through the food court area. I found one penny. (Coin #1). I was heading back to the office and figured that Starbucks by the library was within my line of travel. Penny there (Coin #2). I was content and done with my searching. That was enough to write about today. God’s 2¢ worth.

***************

Then I got the nudging or the Fever. Not sure which one. “Walk through the Marketplace area”.

As I entered the Marketplace I spotted a coin immediately. Had to move 4 chairs out of my way to get to the dime. (Coin #3). Two pennies at the Taco Bell and one at the salad bar. (Coins #4-6). There was a penny inside the Pony Express area, then two more as I left. (Coins #7-9). I must have walked over them when going inside. Mushroom coins?

I walked through one area of tables thinking, “I have never found coins in this area, why am I looking here?” There was a quarter, dime and penny under the first chair! (Coins #10-12)

Lesson: Past performance is no guarantee of future earnings.

There were two pennies at the Carl’s Jr. (Coins 13&14) and a really energetic cashier who said he wanted to be part of the story. I told him next time I would bring my camera and he could retrieve the penny for the day.

I was going to exit the same door by which I entered, when the nudgings said to use the other door. There was a dime in my path as the automatic doors opened for me to exit. (Coin #15).

I thought I was finished, but there was a coin under a vending machine as I returned to my office. One-knee retrieval -- it was a dime. (Coin #16). I stopped to say hello to the students in the study room and found a penny there. (Coin #17).

***************

Doc dropped by my office just before his second lecture. As one co-worker was leaving, she asked if Doc had found HIS coins today. Much to his dismay he said, “Zero”. Another co-worker said, “Don’t bother with the vending machines, there aren’t any coins there”.

An hour later Doc gave his class a break and visited the vending machines for his coffee. He spotted a penny! And then another one, and another one, and another one …He said the coins were just popping up! Mushroom coins - six of them! (Coins #18-23). He excitedly brought them and offered them to me like a caveman who had just secured his prey.

***************

It has been several weeks since we have “Hit for the Cycle”, so as I was walking to my car this evening I was saying, “Penny Angels, Penny Angels, what do you say? Will we still find a Nickel today?” “Nickel, nickel, nickel, nickel, nickel….” But there was nothing.

It was 10 p.m. and I was beginning to write tonight’s Penny Tale. Doc came home from work with his McDonald’s burger and outstretched hand. He had retrieved two pennies and a dime at the first McDonalds window. (Coins #24-26) AND THEN at the second window … the very last coin for today - a Nickel!!! I told him about my earlier Singsong. Wow! A Hit for the Cycle as per Request! (Coin #27)

***************

New House Stuff:

In our current neighborhood of 56 houses, we have a pretty active Neighborhod Watch program with an Annual block BBQ and some other activities. I was dismayed to hear there was no such program in the new neighborhood. Last night we received our first newsletter from the Homeowners Assoc. They are beginning a Neighborhood Watch program! Last month the City mayor (who lives in that neighborhood) invited people to a potluck at his house and he is anxious to implement this new program. I called tonight to make contact with the block captain and we chatted about things …. He asked when we had moved in. I said, “In about a year from now!” He was surprised. (I like to plan ahead). J

***************

Lesson: One door may be shutting, but another one seems to be opening very wide …

Today’s Total: 27 coins P (20), N (1), D (5), Q (1) = $1.00

No comments: