Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day #335 - Being BOLD

Note from Greg in Yuma, AZ:

It is funny, there was a penny in the gym right next to the location I was working out at when I turned around (it wasn’t there before that). Mushroom Coin [Tina] I was trying to extrapolate the message from this manifestation.

**********************

**********************

Just 30 days more of penny finding and it will be ONE WHOLE YEAR! Did I really say “Just?” I challenge any of you to “Just” Find coins for 30 days. Heck. I challenge YOU to Find for just THREE days!

Today’s Penny Finding

This morning I had to do a presentation to a review committee which went way longer than I had been told. So I came running back to my office totally scatterbrained for my first Penny Finders press interview! There wasn’t even a clear spot for the two guests to sit in my office. This was for the campus newspaper and was a result of that quarter I picked up on Day 326 under the table of two students (one of whom turned out to be the editor of the Poly Post). They conducted the interview and took a few photos. At that point in the day I had no coins yet.

***************

After a training class early afternoon I just could not help walking over to the campus marketplace. (Penny Fever). Although I had looked for coins many times unsuccessfully at the concrete stage area in the quad, today I felt sure there would be a coin there. From about 10 feet, I spotted the penny on one of the steps. J (Coin #1) Once inside the marketplace, I found a penny at Taco Bell, one at Carl’s Jr. and a dime under one of the dining tables. (Coins #2-4).

I was walking past an area with those small diameter, tall dining tables. There was a group of about 10 students clustered and very heavily focused in a discussion. I spotted a “perhaps” coin under the group. Looked at it from another angle. Yup. Coin. Now what? Be BOLD! How do you just stop 10 strangers in the middle of a study session and say you want to dive underneath them? I did. I said, “Excuse me. Could I interrupt you for ONE minute. I write Daily Penny Tales and there is a coin below you which I would like to retrieve.” Talk about Fun! All eyes went under the table. It would have been really funny to have a video camera on that scene. All of them Looked; None of them Saw. They asked me where the coin was. I showed them. Dime. (Coin #5) Lots and lots of smiles there.

***************

Later in the afternoon I had some papers to submit to the Student Business Office. There was a dime at the Round Table dining area and then a penny at the Subway window. (Coins #6&7)

When leaving this evening, I stopped at the MEP student study room to say good night. About 30 students working in there. I opened the door to leave and there was a penny just outside the door. (Mushroom Coin) I must have walked over it just seconds earlier. And no one else had come in or gone out in during that one minute. So while the door was open, I picked up the coin which then generated 30 smiles. Shared JOY. (Coin #8)

I walked maybe 30 feet and was passing the vending machines. Something shiny and bright out in the open caught my eye. Yipee! A quarter - until I picked it up and realized it was a Susan B Anthony dollar! First one of those I have ever found. Wow! I ran back to share it with the MEP students. DOUBLE Smiles! (Coin #9)

Today’s Total: 9 coins P (5), N (0), D (3), Q (0), Dol (1) = $1.35

Lesson: Be BOLD, think Big!

Do you remember when we wondered if there would be a find tomorrow? This morning while we were preparing for school I asked Doc, “Do you really think the Penny Angels will do 30 more days?” He looked at me as if I were nuts to ask that. “Of course they will!” Isn’t it amazing how our belief has grown in these past 11 months. Has yours?

No comments: