Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day #342 - Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It is not as commercialized as Christmas, Easter and Halloween.

THANKSGIVING is a day to tell others how special they are to you.

Yesterday I received an intricately beaded tiny little purse - just big enough to hold one or two coins. I opened it to find a shiny penny - from Australia! (Pennies were discontinued there in 1992). Tonight I called the sender to thank her and we spoke for an hour. Isn’t it grand how friendships and love don’t recognize international borders?

***************

We may have the day off from work and many businesses are closed today, but the Penny Angels don’t seem to abide by human clocks or calendars. Those higher beings are a constant presence in our lives. They don’t seem to take any days off!

***************

This morning Doc insisted upon his daily Starbucks coffee, so I negotiated - the sooner he got a few chores done, the sooner he could take a break! J He said I should go with him to Find today’s coin.

Doc dropped me at the In-n-Out Burger place on his way to the coffee shop. There were no coins at the window areas or dining tables, but a dime in the driveway. (Coin #1). I needed some potatoes for our Thanksgiving Dinner (which we hold on Saturday) so I popped into the grocery store. Three pennies by the registers. (Coins #2-4).

Meanwhile Doc was off getting his coffee. He chuckled as he briefed me on his Finding:

As he drove away from Starbucks, he was “nudged” to drive slowly through the lot and look out the passenger window versus his driver window? He spotted something in front of a hair salon. He stopped. He maneuvered the van to drive next to the object. It was a penny. And he was boasting that he did not even get out of the car to retrieve it - he just leaned out his open door! (Coin #5)

************

***

My brother is a firefighter, so this afternoon we joined him along with the families of the other guys on duty for dinner at the Fire Station. The first hour was great as Doc and I helped the guys set out tables and chairs and get things readied. The Twins and Ashley arrived and we had a great time in the Bounce House. Ashley enthusiastically provided me with a new (and wild) hairdoo.

After that, more kids and all the other people arrived. The commotion reached a level where I needed to take a hike. I was also being tempted to eat way too many appetizers, so I walked the streets for 15 minutes. Walked through the closed Taco Bell drive through and found a penny. (Coin #6). Then two pennies in the parking lot of a nearby liquor store. (Coins #7&8).


We needed to stop for gasoline before heading home. There was one run over penny by the pumps and an other one inside the convenience store. (Coins #9&10)

Lesson: Let your hair down, play like a child, enjoy the moment.

Today’s Total: 10 coins P (9), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.19

No comments: