Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day #328 - Defying Gravity

Today I was too busy at work to actively look for coins. And when I left work at 9 p.m. I was too tired and too hungry to care about actively looking.

This afternoon I was working with a team of students in the lab. We were brainstorming some ideas when I looked under the table and spotted a penny! (Coin #1) I said, “Hurray! Excuse me, while I interrupt this serious work session for a moment of Penny Finding.” They looked at me as though I were crazy! They are new students who did not know about Penny Finding. (New opportunity to share).

While heading back to my office, something shiny caught my eye. It was perplexing because it was about 3” off the ground. My first thought was that it was a silver sequin (like the shimmering circles on the Sparkletts water trucks). It looked about the size of a dime.

My logical mind was saying “Coins do not just hang in the air, what is this?” I walked closer. It sure looked like a dime.

I inspected further. It was a dime! (Coin #2) It was suspended by spider silk! I called Doc and a few colleagues to show them this amazing coin find.

Do spiders eat coins? ;-)

***************

I was quite happy with today’s impressive coin find, but Doc was not. We left campus at 9 p.m. and he detoured to McDonalds while I went straight home. He came home with his dinner and two pennies. One penny from the closed first drive through window, and one penny from the pick up window. (Coins #3&4).

Lesson: Penny Angels are not limited by our Human logic and expectations.

Today’s Total: 4 coins P (3), D (1) = $0.13

1 comment:

Mandy said...

WOW! COOL!!! Love that you got a picture of the dime suspended. I wouldn't have believed it otherwise!!!