Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day #345 - Day of Recovery

The oven fire was put out (*), the guests are gone, the oven is cleaned, the furniture is back in place, the silverware and serving bowls are put away until next year. Doc and I could barely move this morning and are THANKFUL for a Day of Recovery.

***************

This afternoon Doc NEEDED his Starbucks coffee. He convinced me to ride along with him in order to find today’s coin. While waiting for his order he spotted something in the dirt planter. He tried to explain to me where it was, and although I was inches from it, I could not see it.

Lesson: How many things are right in front of us, yet we are blinded to them. Even though we are being lovingly guided to see them?

Finally I saw the penny. Yipee! (Coin #1)

We quickly passed by my mom’s place and left mashed potatoes on her doorstep. (She had forgotten them in the fridge). Then we went to CVS Pharmacy to develop the photos from yesterday’s event. There was a shiny ‘beacon’ dime in the middle of the dark blue carpet. Very obvious. What a contrast to that coin in the dirt. (Coin #2)

Lesson: Our surroundings may help determine how we “Shine”.

Next, Doc wanted to stop for cash at the bank. He suggested I search the grocery store in the mean time. The automatic doors opened and in the very center of the floor mat was a shiny penny. It was perfectly placed with the face up and in vertical alignment. It was placed as if it said “Welcome” right in the middle of that mat. (Coin #3).

***************

You would think three coins would be adequate for the day. I did not want to write much tonight. But the Penny Angels were not through.

This evening Doc and I went grocery shopping. At the first store, I spotted a penny at a check out lane when we first entered the store. (Coin #4). Then another penny as we were checking out. (Coin #5)

At Trader Joes I didn’t see any coins on the first and second passes by the check out area. Doc found a penny on the floor in the deli area. Then a penny appeared behind one of the registers, another penny at the counter as I was paying for my order. When we exited the store, I went left (toward the car), Doc went right (toward the Burger Bar). He held up a penny found in a dark corner of the sidewalk. (Coins #6-9).

At the next grocery store, Doc found a penny as he was approaching the check out line. (Coin #10)

Doc insisted upon stopping for coffee at the 7-11 store. There was a shiny penny as we approached the door. We showed Tony (the attendant we met on Day #310). Once again he presented us with a stray penny from the floor behind the counter. Shared JOY! Then I spotted a coin under the counter and went for a one-knee retrieval. (Coins #11-13).

***************

While Doc was proofing the Penny Tale, I soaked Coin #1 and tried to chisel away the crud on it. After quite a bit of cleaning, it turned out to be a dime!

Lesson: Sometimes a good “scrubbing” can help reveal our higher value.

Today’s Total: 13 coins P (11), N ( 0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.31

(*) During Thanksgiving dinner, two smoke alarms went off. My firefighter brother didn’t even flinch, he just kept on eating. (I guess he only handles the BIG jobs). Doc said, “Tina must be cooking again” as he ran to smother the flames. Several other people jumped into action - silencing the two blaring smoke alarms, activating the range hood exhaust fan, opening windows, etc. Someone had left a hot pad in the oven and it caught fire. Great entertainment - dinner with a Live Show!

No comments: