Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, November 9, 2009

Day #325 - Playful in Pomona

The Penny Angels were playful tonight. I never know just what to expect from them.

This morning Doc, Mandy and I had Phone Session #5 (of 6) with Pat as she is Coaching us on Advancing the Penny Finders concept. I am feeling excited, challenged, and stretched! Definitely a learning and growing time.

***************

Today’s coins appeared while conducting normal business. The first penny was in my path as I was walking to the Honors Class. I really have a lot of fun with that group and have been finding a penny almost each time I go there. (Which I of course share with the class).

After class I was asking the Penny Angels for guidance on the book. I feel it is a combination of Chicken Soup for the Soul stories and the book Eat, Love, Pray. Couple that with the movie Julie and Julia (*), and you have PENNY TALES - The one year journey.

***************

Penny #2 was at some dining tables by the Round Table Pizza.

As I was passing through a small auxiliary room, I actually had the thought: “This brown multi-colored marble floor is just the right color to camouflage any pennies. It would be nearly impossible to find a penny against this backdrop.” Instantly I found a penny. (Penny #3)

Lesson: Don’t tell the Penny Angels what is/or is not possible.

Penny #4 was laying in the breezeway as I was returning to my office. Penny #5 was under one of the vending machines.

***************

On the way home from school Doc and I stopped to duplicate the house floorplan which I sketched out a few weeks ago. We need to make some progress there.

Doc wanted to stop at the 7-11. I was not thrilled to make another stop, but sure glad we did. As I walked through the door of the store, a customer in medical garb and with a great smile handed me a penny! She said, “I am supposed to give this to you!”

Remember how on Day #310 we found 24 coins in the 7-11 parking lot? Then we went inside and Shared the Story with Toqeer the cashier. I guess he remembered us and when the customer picked up a penny just as we walked into the store tonight, Toqeer said she should give it to me to collect for the book I am writing! Is that coincidence or What? Her coin will be added to the coins in my Jar of Love.

I told the gal about Penny Finders and that it was a combination of two books: Chicken Soup for the Soul and Eat, Love, Pray. She nodded in understanding. We all had a few seconds of JOY and Laughter there in the doorway.

(*) Note: As the customer stepped out to leave I asked her name - Julie

The Penny Angels are Playful in Pomona.

Today’s Total: 5 coins P (5) = $0.05

No comments: