Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, March 5, 2012

Day #1,172 - Hart 'n' Sol





Today Doc was expecting to attend a meeting on campus in the afternoon, so we drove separately. I was planning to go to the City for the Driveway Approach permit. I was in pajamas trying to get some calls made and caught up on paperwork when the phone rang. Electrical David was on his way to the site to take care of the kitchen counter outlets and other remaining final items. What did I have on my list? Crud, I was going to compile that list this week. No time for a shower, so a quick change of clothes and I was on my way to meet him.

Shortly after I arrived on site, Electrical David arrived and I gave him a list of as many Action Items as I could remember. He installed kitchen outlets, hung the coffee bar pendants, modified some light switches, checked the backyard pump circuits and other tasks.

Then Iron Jimmy arrived with his crew of three guys and for the next two hours the focus was on upstairs railing.

I had designed the sunburst and most of the other balusters. Jimmy made it more ornate than I was expecting, but it looks ‘fantastic!’ (Doc’s description). It portrays the theme of the Penny Palace: Hart ‘n’ Sol.






By 2 p.m. the other people had departed, but Doc was hard at work transporting loads of topsoil into his planters. I had planned to go get that City permit, but I was motivated by Doc’s efforts, so I stayed and worked more on my bathroom decals.

Finally at 4 p.m. I realized it was time to head to the City Engineering Department for that Driveway Approach permit. I was the only person in the huge receiving foyer, yet the process still took nearly an hour.

***************

Doc asked me to stop at the ATM on my way home from work to get him some cash. So I did - along with a penny and a dime for me. (Coins #1&2). Then I stopped to fuel Pippy. Two pennies there. (Coins #3&4)

Total: 4 Coins P (3), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The ironwork is incredible! I especially like the fanning sun. Jimmy's gotta be proud of his work. I like the look of the entire interior from these photos. The wood beams, and the split color wall. Can't wait to see the finished home. Er, Palace.