Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day #1,184 - Sleeping In

The Penny Palace weathered today’s rains nicely. I did sink a few inches into the mud as I walked through the front yard, but that just resulted in shoes which now need cleaning.

This morning Doc and I slept in. No alarm clocks. It was wonderful.

At noon we had our appointment with the tax preparer. He is really nice, so we look forward to the time with him. We just don’t look forward to the tax consequences. I was expecting our meeting to take at least two hours due to the complications of the property sales and purchases last year. Our meeting was completed in only 1.5 hours. I walked out with only two Action Items: 1) to get the receptionist my recipe for broccoli salad, and 2) to verify our checking account number for the tax refunds to be electronically deposited!

Doc chose to have lunch at an all-you-can-eat buffet. I did not spot any coins as we paid and were seated. On my second trip to the buffet area I just KNEW there would be a penny on the floor by the cash register. It was there. It was standing vertically against the toe kick and calling to me. (Coin #1)

Doc and I next went to the Penny Palace. All looked OK after the rain and winds.

This afternoon and evening I have been filing away papers and organizing things. It felt good to put away the documents from the sale of the Claremont lot. (from November of last year). I also sorted and put away the Christmas cards from 2011 and 2010!

Doc was working on preparations for his lectures and the upcoming school term. I traded him services. I made some edits for him in exchange for his working on the kitchen trashcan for the Penny Palace. It needs shortening by an inch or so to work with the cabinet doors. Just tell an engineer he can’t do something …

Total: 1 Penny

No comments: