Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day #1,173 - Walk My Way


Yesterday’s focus was the upstairs railing; today’s focus was the front walkway.

This morning I was planning to make a few calls and get things done around the house before heading to Lowe’s and then the jobsite. From 6-8 a.m. things were quiet, but then the phone rang. It was Miguel, “How soon will you be here?” I told him today I wanted a shower first, but then I would be on site.

This morning Miguel and I made final adjustments to the walkway which leads to the front door. We planned where the flagstone would be placed and the curvature of the walkway where it will meet the driveway. Hopefully the path will say to guests, “Welcome, walk my way.”

Drainage pipes were run under the walkway in order to channel water away from the house. It took a jackhammer to create the three trenches.

This afternoon Project Manager Daryl visited to see what has happened this past week. He really liked the upstairs railing.

At 2 p.m. bank inspector Alex arrived for the monthly check up. I look forward to his visits. We were having so much fun; I forgot to get a photo.

This afternoon the extension of the North retaining wall was trenched and rebar placed.

After everyone else left at 3:30, Doc and I could finally get a little work done on the tile stream. CPP.

***************

By 6 p.m. it was time for dinner. We stopped for Irish food. The next stop was the 99¢ store for disposable cups to offer coffee to our guests and the workers. Two pennies and a dime there. Then a quick stop at the office supply store to run some copies, get some printer cartridges, and collect one nickel.

Total: 4 Coins P (2), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.17

No comments: